Halloween is the perfect time to get creative with your cocktails. Whether you're hosting a costume party or just want to enjoy a spooktacular drink while handing out candy to trick-or-treaters, a Pumpkin Spiced Amaretto Sour is a delightful choice.
This unique twist on the classic Amaretto Sour combines the rich, nutty flavour of amaretto with the warmth of pumpkin spice, creating a hauntingly delicious beverage that's sure to impress your guests.
What's more, this version is even lower in calories thanks to the sugar-free syrup. So, grab your cauldron and let's mix up a spooky sip!
- 50ml Amaretto
- 12.5ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 25ml Pumpkin Spiced Sugar-Free Syrup
- 2 Drops of Miracle Foamers (or 1 egg white or aquafaba)
- Orange twist and cinnamon stick for garnish
Pumpkin Spiced Sugar-Free Syrup Recipe:
Before we dive into the cocktail recipe, let's prepare the star of the show: the Pumpkin Spiced Sugar-Free Syrup. This syrup captures the essence of fall with its delightful blend of warm spices and you can either choose from ready-made versions such as Simply or Monin... OR...you can make your own.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spiced Sugar-Free Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar substitute (e.g., erythritol or stevia)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 whole cloves
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of allspice
1. In a saucepan, combine water, pumpkin puree, and your sugar substitute over low heat.
2. Add the cinnamon stick, whole cloves, nutmeg, and allspice to the mixture.
3. Stir occasionally and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the spices to infuse.
4. Once the syrup thickens slightly, remove it from the heat and strain it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any solids.
5. Let the syrup cool before transferring it to a bottle for storage. It can be refrigerated for up to a month.
Now that we have our delicious Pumpkin Spiced Sugar-Free Syrup, it's time to craft our Halloween-inspired cocktail!
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Add 50ml of Amaretto, 12.5ml of fresh lemon juice, and 25ml of your Pumpkin Spiced Sugar-Free Syrup to the shaker.
3. Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds. This will chill the ingredients and create a frothy texture.
4. Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice. If you have a Halloween-themed glass or a fun garnish, use it to make the presentation even more festive.
5. Now, it's time for some Halloween magic. Add 2 drops of Miracle Foamers to the top of your cocktail. This will create a spooky layer of foam that floats on the surface.
6. For the final touch, garnish your Pumpkin Spiced Amaretto Sour with an orange twist and a cinnamon stick. The orange twist adds a burst of citrus aroma, and the cinnamon stick provides a dash of warmth.
7. Serve your Halloween masterpiece to your guests and watch as they marvel at the incredible flavors and presentation.
With a Pumpkin Spiced Amaretto Sour, your Halloween celebrations will reach new heights. This delightful concoction offers a perfect balance of nutty amaretto, zesty lemon, and warm pumpkin spice, all while keeping the sugar content low. It's the ideal beverage for a night of spooks, costume parties, or simply enjoying the season.
So, this Halloween, skip the usual brews and potions and mix up a batch of these ghoulishly good Pumpkin Spiced Amaretto Sours. Your guests will be under the spell of this deliciously festive treat. Cheers to a night filled with treats, tricks, and fantastic sips!
If you love this recipe, but fancy an easy award-winning cocktail, you can order our cocktails online now to be delivered to your door!
If you like the sound of this one, we think you'll love our alcohol-free award-winning Grapefruit Margarita. At just £10 for 2 large servings, it's a great treat for yourself or as a gift. You can also buy it in our 'box of three alcohol-free Margaritas!'
We offer free standard delivery to London, and if you make sure you order by 10am we will ship out on the same day, or you can specify the date you would like your gluten-free and vegan-friendly award-winning cocktails delivered via the notes section. The perfect result for cocktail delivery in London.
Whether you live in London or have a friend, relative, or loved one that lives in London to who you would like to send a cocktail to, Mindful Mixology delivers all across the Capital city! We ensure they are securely packaged so they arrive in perfect condition - you don't have to worry about ordering cocktails online with Mindful Mixology.
If you’re ordering cocktail delivery for a special occasion, we recommend adding a note to the recipient which we will hand-write and pop in the box for you free of charge.