For those of you lucky enough to receive our subscription- you don't need to read this, as you received all of the ingredients all ready to make your very own Piña Colada- Creme egg style, all in time for Easter!
For those who haven't signed up, well we thought we'd pop everything here for you so you can try it at home.
Carrying on our theme of cacao nib infused cocktails, well, we infused Bacardi Coconut Rum with some of the little nibs. The result was a chocolatey coconut rum that was just delicious!
In addition, we had a little play around with the presentation. Taking inspiration from as many creme egg style cocktails as we could find on the internet. The best idea- melt chocolate around the rim of a martini glass, and add an 'egg yolk' made from frozen mango and passionfruit.
The results speak for themselves, and when it comes to flavour- well, what's not to like with coconut, rum and chocolate!?
Give it a go, and as always, send in your pictures!!!
Piña Colada- Creme Egg style!
40ml Cacao nib infused coconut rum (simply add a tablespoon or two to a bottle of your favourite coconut rum and allow to infuse for around 24 hours, giving a few shakes here and there. Filter out when ready.)
60ml Coconut cream (we use Real Coconut Cream)
40ml Pineapple Juice (buy the nice stuff! It's so much better)
25ml lime juice (freshly squeezed)
50ml Mango & Passionfruit Sorbet (use a puree, or juice your own)
- First, you need to freeze your mango & passionfruit. We used a sphere ice mould. You could use a balloon, an egg cup, or any cake or jelly moulds you have. You want it circular for the 'egg' centre. Pop it in the freezer for 6+ hours before you want to make your cocktail.
- When you are ready to make your c, melt your chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan, or in the microwave. Take your glass (martini or coupe) and roll in the chocolate to create a chocolate rim. Set aside for it to harden.
- In a shaker (or jam jar with a lid) add all of the ingredients (rum, coconut cream, lime and pineapple).
- Add a handful of ice, and shake hard until a layer of condensation forms on the glass (around 20 seconds).
- Before you pour into your glass, give the liquid a quick taste with a straw or spoon. Do you need to add more lime juice? If so, add now.
- Once it's perfect for you, strain it carefully into your glass.
- Add the sphere of frozen mango and enjoy!!!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE BUT FANCY TAKING THE TROUBLE OUT OF MAKING COCKTAILS AT HOME, YOU CAN SIMPLY ORDER COCKTAILS FROM MINDFUL MIXOLOGY TO BE DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR DOOR!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MIGHT JUST FANCY OUR AWARD-WINNING GRAPEFRUIT MARGARITA. AT JUST £10 FOR 2 LARGE SERVINGS, IT'S A SUPER TREAT FOR THE WEEKEND. YOU CAN ALSO BUY IT IN OUR 'GIFT BOX OF THREE.'
MINDFUL MIXOLOGY DELIVERS COCKTAILS DIRECT TO YOUR DOOR ALL OVER THE UK, POSTED OUT THE SAME DAY WHEN YOU ORDER BY 10AM. SO, IF YOU CAN’T BE WITH A LOVED ONE ON A SPECIAL OCCASION, OR WANT A DELICIOUS COCKTAIL DELIVERED TO THE DOOR, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOUR COCKTAILS ARE DELIVERED SAFELY AND SECURELY STRAIGHT TO YOUR FRONT DOOR. OUR BOTTLED COCKTAILS DELIVERY SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE WITH OUR ROBUST DESIGNED PACKAGING THAT KEEPS YOUR ORDER SAFE IN TRANSIT.
PLACING YOUR ORDER COULDN’T BE MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD, JUST PLACE YOUR COCKTAIL ORDER ONLINE ON OUR WEBSITE. THEN YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY NOTES, FOR EXAMPLE, THE FACT THAT IT'S A GIFT AND YOU WOULD LIKE A HAND-WRITTEN NOTE IN THERE.