We had a lovely event quite recently and needed some reception cocktails. Unable to get our hands on any peaches, we very nearly bought a peach purée from a well-known drinks company, but decided not to because, A: it was packed full of refined sugars and B: it was enormously expensive.
So we went to our local supermarket and whipped up the most delicious peach and chia purée, which together with a good quality cava was the most delicious start to the party.
So much so, we thought we'd pop this incredibly easy recipe on here for you all to enjoy.
We're thinking Christmas brekkie, but hey, we're not ones to judge. You may just fancy having a little tipple today!
- 2 Cans of Tinned Peaches- preferably 'in juice' and not 'in syrup'
- 2 tbls Chia Seeds- soaked in water 10 minutes before using
- Sparkling wine of your choice, we prefer a Cava with this but you can opt for a sweeter sparkling wine
- Pop the tinned peaches in a blender along with the soaked chia seeds
- Whizz up until lovely and smooth
- Pop in the fridge until you are ready to serve. We like to serve ours in a nice glass bottle or decanter.
- Once ready, add about 25ml of the puree to a champagne flute or coupe. Top with sparkling wine, and give it a quick stir to mix together.
- There's no need for garnish but if you are feeling lavish, a nice sprig of thyme works well, or a slice of peach
That's it! We told you it was easy. Oh, and you can substitute the sparkling wine for a soda or an Organic kombucha for a sober alternative.
P.S. This counts towards your 'five-a-day' plus you get the benefits of chia seeds. In just 2 tablespoons you get 10 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and they're a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and some minerals essential for bone health, including calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium!