Easy to make, refreshing, and with a boost of antioxidants and vitamins, this cocktail represents “functional drinks” at their finest.
The lashings of tequila in this cocktail also make it perfect for dinner parties or for whenever you feel like giving yourself a treat. And if you’re laying off the booze, a simple switch from tequila to Mockingbird Alcohol-Free Spirit will do the trick.
We honestly loved both versions equally, and even felt a bit ‘tipsy’ from the non-alcoholic version. That feeling was most likely aided by the Ashwagandha; an aptogen found in Mockingbird Spirit that ‘lifts you up’.
Either way, grab some fresh ginger, agave and limes, and pour yourself a drink.
What you need:
- 50ml- A good quality tequila such as Patron Reposado
- 25ml- Fresh Lime
- 10ml- Fresh Orange
- 10ml- Agave
- A few slices of Fresh Ginger
- Slice the ginger and add 2-3 pieces to the bottom of a cocktail shaker (or jam jar).
- (If you don’t have a muddler, use anything heavy to bash out the flavour….a pestle would work well).
- Add the tequila, fresh lime juice, a squeeze of fresh orange and agave.
- Add a scoop of cubed ice. Shake hard until the glass is fully chilled.
- Bash up some ice and pop it into a short glass.
- Strain the mixture over the crushed ice.
- Garnish with lemon peel and an edible flower
TIP: We found this recipe quite delicious, but if you prefer something sweeter- add a drop more agave. If you fancy it more sour- add more lime!
If you are in need of any cocktail equipment, you can find our beautiful copper sets here.
You can also try Mockingbird Spirit in one of our delicious cocktails the 0% Grapefruit Margarita. We bet you can’t even tell that it’s alcohol-free!