As the holiday season approaches, there's nothing quite like the cozy comfort of Christmas movies and the joy of sipping on a delicious cocktail. This year, we're elevating the movie-watching experience with a drink that perfectly complements the festive spirit of one of our all-time favourites - Home Alone and a Cherry, Chocolate and Popcorn Rum Sour.
Norfolk Rum's cherry and chocolate notes provide a rich and decadent base, while the popcorn and maple syrup add a sweetness that perfectly balances the citrusy kick from the lemon juice. Don't skip the foamer or egg white- it creates a luxurious, velvety texture.
- 50ml Norfolk Rum - Cherry and Chocolate
- Handful of sweet popcorn
- 5ml maple syrup
- 15ml lemon juice
- Foamer (or egg white)
- Ground popcorn and chocolate shavings for garnish
1. Dry Shake: Begin by adding the Norfolk Rum, fresh popcorn, maple syrup, lemon juice, and foamer (or egg white) to your cocktail shaker. Dry shake the ingredients vigorously (i.e shake without ice).
2. Add ice to the shaker and shake the ingredients again, ensuring a well-chilled and perfectly blended cocktail. Fine-strrain the mixture into your preferred glass (to catch all the bits of popcorn). Shake out all the foam.
3. Garnish your cocktail with a cherry, ground popcorn or chocolate shavings.
You can buy Norfolk Rum from many stockists in the UK, or head to their website.
And you can watch Home Alone on Disney Plus.