If you have a big enough garden to grow herbs, that's awesome, but if not- a simple window planter does the trick nicely. There are lots of herbs to choose from and the best part is they're pretty easy to grow, so you can experiment with different kinds and find what works for you. For small gardens, I recommend planting: Thyme (great for grilling), Mint (great in desserts or mixed drinks) and Basil (delicious in pasta dishes). Growing your own herbs means you can use them all year round instead of just when they're in season at the grocery store.
For this quick and easy summer cocktail, we've used a handful of fresh garden mint. These libations taste just like the original, but you can of course add a shot of rum if you fancy.
Whether you drink one for yourself or make a pitcher for guests, it’s sure to be an eye-catching addition to any get together or backyard bash. The best part about these drinks is that they are made entirely of natural ingredients. Not only do they contain strawberries and fresh mint from your garden, but also freshly squeezed lime juice and ice water. All in all, it's sunshine in a glass!
Handful of strawberries
Handful of mint
Honey syrup (use maple or agave for a vegan-alternative)
Splash of Kombucha
1. To make the honey syrup simple dilute the honey by 2:1 water.
2. When you are ready to make your cocktail, muddle 1-2 strawberries in the bottom of the glass with 10ml honey syrup.
3. Squeeze 2 wedges of lime in the glass and drop it in.
4. Next bash a handful of mint in your hands (to release the flavours). Don't tear the leaves as it will release bitterness.
5. Fill the glass with crushed ice, and pour over the Kombucha.
6. Give it a gentle stir and garnish with a strawberry.