We're zipping' up our boots and going back to our roots.......to the West Midlands.
We've recently discovered the amazing Dr Eamer's and we're sorry we hadn't discovered it sooner.
Their range of award winning spirits are handcrafted by their family of distillers, in the heart of The West Midlands.
All made in tiny batches, and all crafted, bottled and labelled by hand (we know how you feel guys!)
The gin's are amazing, and the bottles are stunning!
We got our hands on their British Berry Pink Gin, and seeing as we are raspberry mad at the moment, we decided to make ourselves a frothy little number...the Clover Club.
If you don't want to make your own raspberry syrup feel free to use a bottled raspberry syrup. It's super easy though, and if you make a lot you can use it on desserts, yoghurt, granola and more!
FOR THE RASPBERRY SYRUP
Use the ratio:
1 cup raspberries, 2/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup water. We used the sugar alternative MonkFruit again, as it's our new favourite if your recipe requires sugar.
- Bring sugar (or alternative) to the boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the raspberries.
- Mash the berries in, and let them steep in the syrup for a good hour or two.
- Mash the berries more if you need to, and strain the liquid through.
- Check the viscosity. You can easily add a touch more water if you need to make it more diluted.
- Keep refrigerated.
FOR CLOVER CLUB
20ml fresh lemon juice
20ml homemade raspberry syrup
1 x organic egg white (or vegan-alternative)
Raspberries for garnish
- Add ingredients to a shaker and shake hard for 30 seconds without ice (dry shake)
- Add a scoop of ice and shake again until well chilled.
- Strain into a coupe or martini glass and garnish.